And next week you'll finally get those BEA Superlatives I promised you (as long as certain people get me their votes...)
So this week I thought I'd give you a little taste of a few of the books I was most excited to get my hands on. In no particular order.
1. Armada by Ernest Cline - Ready Player One was a smash hit with our entire book club. So finding out that Cline had a new book coming out AND was signing it at BEA? It was like a dream come true. I can't wait to read it!
2. The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows - Though she's probably best known for her Ivy + Bean books, Barrows also co-wrote The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society which is one of my top favorite books of all time and I will never stop convincing people to read it, so I was definitely getting in line to pick up this beauty. It's so lovely and thick too!
3. I Will Take a Nap! by Mo Willems - Every year I have wanted to meet Mo Willems and every year it hasn't worked out. But this year, not only was he going to be there, but he was signing a new Elephant and Piggie book which are my FAVORITES so I was determined and I succeeded! I got a ticket, stood in line, and am now the proud owner of an autographed copy :D
4. The Marvels by Brian Selznick - I loved The Invention of Hugo Cabret and was a fan of Wonderstruck as well. I really enjoy the way Selznick intermingles text and images and his crosshatch pencil style drawings are gorgeous. So happy to get my hands on this one!
5. Truly Madly Famously by Rebecca Serle - I met Rebecca on Twitter, and then stayed up until 1 in the morning to finish Famous in Love, the first book in this series. Not my normal cup of tea, but I loved loved loved it and can't wait to find out what happens next!
6. The Unmapped Sea by Maryrose Wood - this is the 5th book in the Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place series. I picked up the first one on the title alone and absolutely fell in love. I've been reading each installment with eagerness. Plus it was fun to meet Maryrose and I got quite a thrill when she recognized our blog and was excited to meet me too!
7. Lies I Told by Michelle Zink - It was so great to see Michelle. She was a local author at our Borders and is such a sweetheart! She was excited to see me too and even posted our picture together on her blog. I'm really looking forward to reading this book, too. I've enjoyed Michelle's other books and this one looks really interesting.
8. Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson - Her Girl of Fire and Thorns series is seriously amazing so I'm actually giddy over getting to start this new series.
9. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness - The premise of this totally sold me on it. What would it be like to live in a YA novel when you're not the "chosen" one? I'm dying to find out. NaomiRuth and I had his signing on our list, but we stumbled across an ARC drop earlier in the day. It's a good thing we snagged copies then, because his line was so long it got cut off.
10. The Cage by Megan Shepherd - Two words: Human. Zoo. I really liked The Madman's Daughter and Her Dark Curiosity so I'm super curious about this one.