|Wombly and I read this on the Nook we got for Christmas :)
- Written by Peter Nelson
- Illustrated by Rohitash Rao (for Down Unders: be aware that this illustrator doesn't just do drawings for Down Unders, so you may want to stick to the book website, link found below, for more info on the illustrator.)
- Published by Harper Collins
- (who was the publishing company that published A Series of Unfortunate Events)
Important things to know:
- Alex is obsessed with video games. The kind where he gets to slay aliens.
- His mom and dad set up a play date with him and the nerdy next door neighbor Herbert.
- A time/space portal opens in Alex's backyard
- Wacky time adventures ensue.
Wombly and I liked this book because:
- It was a lot of fun
- The sense of place was very clear - Wombly and I felt like we had lived in the world while we were reading the book
- The characters were fantastic
- The main character Alex is kind of a jerk ~ but he's a fun character because there's a lot of room for growth in imperfect characters
- Wombly loved how Herbert is so incredibly over-the-top nerdy
- I love Sammi ~ I love strong female characters
- I loved the scene where Alex loses his memories of video games.
- Wombly loved how Nelson played with the time traveling into the future thing - - I don't want to give away details, but Wombly and I enjoyed the old man they meet in the future.
I read this because:
- I read the Time Warp Trio.
Check out the book's website!