- Written by Neil Gaiman (Who also wrote The Graveyard Book and Coraline.)
- Illustrated by Brett Helquist (who also illustrated for The Series of Unfortunate Events and Chasing Vermeer.)
- Published by HarperCollins (who also published Herbert's Wormhole.)
Important Things to Know:
- Even if you have a disability, like a hurt leg, you can still have adventures.
- There are three main Norse gods in this story: Odin, Thor, and Loki.
- Norse mythology is awesome.
- This story is really very short, but still very good!
Why Wombly and I Enjoyed This Book:
- Mainly, it was about Norse mythology.
- Not only did it contain Norse mythology, but it was a well-researched story with Norse mythology.
- Odd is adorable.
- Odd carries the viking spirit and doesn't let bad things stop him from being a warrior and a lover of life.
Wombly and I Read This Book Because:
- I enjoyed reading The Norse Myths by Kevin Crossley-Holland.
- I enjoyed Coraline and Wolves in the Walls and MirrorMask by Neil Gaiman.
- I love Brett Helquist. I love his style. He's one of those illustrators where even if I don't know who the author is I will try reading the book because I love him so much. (ALSO: I didn't realize it but Brett Helquist did the cover art for Fly by Night by Frances Hardinge, which is one of my personal favorites, and was also published by HarperCollins.)
You Can Find This Book At:
Post a Comment